Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To My Children


You know that I tell you that I love you every time we speak. I think it's been too long, because I don't remember the last time that I said: I love you all more than anything in this world!
Giving life to the four of you has been my greatest accomplishment!
To Marc, Michael and Megan (couldn't help it,their last name is O'Leary) I know I made mistakes. But I believe you all knew I was trying my best. And I believe you know that because you are all happy,smart and independent young adults.
And to Randy, my firstborn, I can hardly find the words to tell you how ashamed I am for never being there for you. You were a beautiful, happy baby until I realized my life had to change because, except for you, my life was hell. I was living in "Elaines" world, believing I could make it as a single mom. Twenty two, no education, no skills and no financial or family support.
If you ever choose to speak to me again, I'll tell you anything you need to know.
And then beg for your forgiveness. Mom

This is one of my fave family pics. Thats my brother Tim and his friend Jana "the redhead" on the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you too, mom.
you are incredibly beautiful (underneath those scars).

keep writing if it helps. even if it's just for you and no one else. i write things a lot that i never post online because it just helps to write and be completely real/honest.

-sweet pea

divine48 said...

There's a hole in my heart without you. :-(