Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What To Make For Dinner : Reservations!

I was just watching some guy on The Martha Stewart show, (the blogging episode). And I got really pissed off at this "guy". He's the one blogging his way through one of Martha's cookbooks. The one about "how to cook". Julie And Julia "copycat"!
I heard him say something that infuriated me to no end. "When I cook for friends that don't like certain foods, I have to be careful about what I make"!
First of all, if someone invites you to their home for a meal, all they need to know is if you have any food allergies or are a vegetarian!
Don't tell me you don't like broccoli, turnips, anchovies or whatever the fuck you "don't like"!
If you tell me you don't like garlic, the meal I make will be full of it and you won't fucking notice! Believe me, I've tested this theory and it's never failed.
And don't play that "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat fish" crap! You're not a vegetarian!!!
I LOVE to cook!
There is ONE thing I've tried and hated, and that's Chitlins. OMG they suck! Perhaps, if you made them iddy biddy bit size, dipped them in a buttermilk batter, deep fried them to a nice golden brown, then wrapped each one with a $100 dollar bill and served them with a bucket of MUMMS, I could possibly get down a dozen or so.
So if there's something on your plate that you're not particularly fond of, be gracious and eat around it.
Didn't your parents teach you any fucking manners?

Bon Appetit

No comments: